Friday, January 8, 2010

"It's Cold Out There Baby"

It's cold outside baby......here in South Mississippi. It's time for some Hot Chocolate Baby.....Mmmm!

At 7 this morning...it was 17 degrees....(wind chill 5*) ...Had to get me some hot chocolate this morning...While I was drinking my chocolate...I was thinking of ya'll. Hope ya'll are warm and cuddling in your cozy home... Praying for ya'll. This is not for me...especially the wind chill. I think I can handle the cold....if it wasn't for the wind chill...Wish we had snow...I love snow ......As I was sitting here...I was thinking back in 1977....I was in High School....It's came a blizzards.......We had ice and snow....We made us a 'Big Snowman' . Dress his eyes with big black button, his mouth with red redishes in form of a smile ...and a carrot for his nose......Put branch for his arms and a scarf around his neck.....hat on his head...We were so proud of our snowman...He was as tall as we were.....About 5 feet....That is the biggest one we have made. Then we gather up some snow..... made ice cream. We put condense milk,vanila flavor and snow together ....We had us some homemade ice cream....Mmmm! Yummy! Lol....

Since 1985....My daughter and I have made 4 snowmans....We don't get snow very often in South Mississippi...I hope we will have snow one time before Spring....Love to play and make snowman and ice cream....LOL

I'm just so thankful ...we didn't have a ice storms....so I can handle this. Right now.... it is 25 (wind chill 14) and sunshining....Yoo Hoo! We are in Hard Freeze Warning until Sunday...All weekends it going to be 30 High 15 Low. Hurry up...Spring! Needs some warm days, flowers,and birds singing...

Stay warm my friends.....Have a Bless Weekends...
Smiles & Hugs
katherinellen

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Katherinellen - BRRRRRR!!!!
    I guess we're all in the same boat. We now have between 8 and 16 inches of snow (in different places in our yard) and it's still coming.
    But we're more used to this kind of cold and ice and snow than you are.
    Email me one of those hot chocolates when you get a moment? (hee hee)
    Stay warm my friend!
    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kat! We are cold here in Florida, too, and it's really supposed to be cold this weekend. I am not a fan of cold weather at all. Please keep the Florida farmers and their plants in your prayers.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. crackers! cold....it is!
    i will pray with you for an early spring:)
    stay warm!!
    and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot Chocolate is definitely the way to go on a cold wintery day. Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the hot chocolate within reach all weekend to keep you warm my friend!! I hope you get your snow, I wish I could ship you a bunch of mine so you can build your snowman!! Love ya!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherinellen,

    Can you believe this cold? When I got up this morning it was 18! Oh brrrrrrrr. I remember in March of 1993 we had four inches of snow here. Crazy weather. I hope you stay safe and warm. If this keeps up I may not go out till July...*wink*.
    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katherinellen: Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog. I look forward to getting to know. I live in So. Cal. so it is very nice here right now. I will pray for a quick spring for you. I too go to an AG church. I would love to have you add me to your prayer list. Wishing you the best God has in 2010. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Katherinellen! I want to thank you for joining me at A Feast of Light as I journey in my walk with Christ. I appreciate new friends, and it is so nice to "meet" you!

    Yes, it has been cold!!! I'm trying to stay warm here in north Alabama. We still have some snow on the ground, and when I venture out to church tomorrow, it will be my first time out since the weather turned.

    I noticed you live in Mississippi. Great state! We have friends in southern Mississippi, but I'm not sure exactly where they live.

    I also noticed you are AG! Awesome! My husband is pastor of First Assembly of God in Huntsville, Alabama. It's a small world.

    Again, thanks for the new friendship! Many blessings to you this freezing weekend! Stay warm, friend!

    In Christ Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katherinellen:
    I'm so glad you came by. It prompted me to hop over here and see your beautiful page!

    It's been that same kind of cold here in Texas this week too, the kind that definitely makes me want a cup of your hot chocolate!

    I'll look forward to checking back on your page and see what 2010 brings your way.

    Blessings and hugs!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Katherinellen, it has been an age since I was here it seems. I just arrived home from five days in Atlanta with my sisters doing an antique show. We had fun but bad weather did spoil the show. Ice and freezing weather and snow too. Not the kind to make a snowman. Your snowman made at another time sounds like a great one. Next time take pics. Smile. Have a wonderful 2010 my friend.

    Hugs and blessings, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hot chocolate sounds good to me right now, Katherinellen. We just arrived from FL last night and it was cold there too but it was amazing to see the water gushing from the pool slide frozen. The bottom is the biggest icycle that I have ever seen. I don't think it's gotten this cold in MS since we moved here.....Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!