Sunday, March 8, 2009

God Always In Control











I recieve the e-mail from my Mama. And I wanted to share this amazing story to ya'll. God is always in control.


A man from Norfolk , VA called a local radio station to share this on Sept 11th, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES OF 9/11/2001. His name was Robert Matthews. These are his words:A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child.. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. On our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we bothheard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still missed her flight. both very upset, we drove home.I received a call from my father who was retired NYFD. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight.My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help. 'This is not something I can't just sit by for; I have to do something.'I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off of the phone, he said, 'take good care of my grandchild. Those were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort.My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my father, and at myself. I had gone for nearly two years blaming God for taking my father away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone. I opened the door to a couple with a small child. The man looked at me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.'He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, 'there is something else you need to know.'His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ. I began sobbing at the news.Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves .When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew, in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and baby could live.This story should help us to realize this: God is always in control.. We may not see the reason behind things, and we may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in control.Please take time to share this amazing story. You may never know the impact it may have on someone. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures Forever. Psalm 136:1

Have a Bless Day!
~Katherinellen~
(Picture is my lillies/Summer2008)

9 comments:

  1. wonderful story... one I need to be reminded of...thanks!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me weak-kneed. God is awesome!

    Thanks for sharing...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherinellen,

    There are many inspirational stories that have come out of 9/11 and this is one of the most profound. Thank you.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this story. We all need to be reminded on a regular basis.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story! I always believe there is a reason for everything. Even though I don't realize it at the time, it always unfolds God's intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there's one thing I'm sure of...that's it...God IS in control! Amen! What a precious story! God uses anybody that will let him!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that story! It sends chills through me whenever I read or hear sories like this one!! Thank you for sharing it my sweet friend! Take care and God Bless!~hugs~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok sweetie...first I read about YOU and cried. Your faith inspired ME this very day!

    Second I read your last post! I cried again...

    It never ceases to amaze me how God continues to bless His children. Thank you soooo much for sharing... I don't feel well today and I needed the story to uplift and refocus my day!

    Beautiful! LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touching. I thought back to the day it happened...watching it on tv at work and I couldn't comprehend what had happened....there is a reason for everything. God bless you.
    Stevie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!