Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Outdoor Wednesday"

Here we are again on "Outdoor Wednesday". If you would like to know about "Outdoor Wednesday"....Click on the picture above to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2009/01/128-outdoor-wednesday.html. "Outdoor Wednesday" ~ we post something about outside. Thank you Susan for presenting this event. I have really enjoyed reading everone post and also meeting new friends.
I have plan to tell ya'll about my favorite place in the summer...but decided I will post it next week. I wanted to share about what I did yesterday. Yesterday was a beautiful day....It was partly cloudy, breezy,and 74 degrees. Yes it was....I thought about ya'll who are in the cold/wintry storm. That I wish ya'll could have been with me to enjoy the sunshine/warm weather. It was beautiful to go play outside or enjoy sitting on the porch. Well...after our prayer meeting at the church yesterday morning. We decided to go eat lunch first...then go see our homebound members at the nursing home. We first saw Ms Tressie....she is always happy and smiling. We told her that it was so pretty and nice outside...soooo she wanted to go out. We took her out on the porch....and we sat out on the rocking chair......Enjoying the beautiful yard. We all was just enjoying every minute of it because today was going to be in the 40s. We have had crazy weather here. A pretty yard in front of us....while we were sitting on the porch and rocking in the rocking chair. It's so peaceful there. Beautiful place and people was so nice and friendly. I don't usually like to go to the nursing home...it just make me sad...but this one...was a great place..
Ms. Tressie is sitting down in her wheelchair....Ms. Elizabeth on the left side and I'm on the right.(bad hair day) LOL
Ms Tressie love to wear hats...she is so Cute in hats.
Dee (my true friend) is sitting behind me...we looks happy...LOL I wonder why?.....It's a Beautiful day! So...we had to take Ms Tressie back to her room and went to visit.....Ms JeanetteMs Jeanette is bed ridden. Look at her....she is smiling like a sunshine. She sooo sweet. ..
Had a great day with Ms Tressie and Ms Jeanette.Got home about 2:30....decide to prune my roses....while it was still warm. And I found a bud on the rose bush that on my porch in the pot. The roses is thinking it Spring is coming...like I said...the weather been crazy!...it would be 70s one day and the next it would be in 30 and 40. No wonder the roses trying to bud. It don't know what to do...Oh my...maybe it will be okay. After I got through playing in the yard...I sat on my bench to enjoy hearing the birds singing....then I heard ducks quackling- quack in the pond.......across the street at my neighbor.
I'm sitting on my porch on the bench...and looking straight ahead....and this is what I'm seeing...It's just beautiful and peaceful. Look at the reflextion on the water...it's just beautiful. Well....I don't see them in the pond.....can't see well anyway. But I keep hearing them playing and quackling - quack. They are sooo cute. One day I'll go over there and take their pictures. Then I look at the sky....it was so pretty to me....the sun peeping out of the cloud and I knew that the storm is coming....last night it started to rain..and turning cold. So long the beautiful day was a memory....but one day Spring will be here. I hope I didn't bored ya'll. I hope ya'll enjoyed it.

Remember to go to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2009/01/128-outdoor-wednesday.htmlto view the "Outdoor Wednesday". You will enjoy her Outdoor post and other participants too! Ya'll Come Back Now!!

Hugs and Smiles

~Katherinellen~


18 comments:

  1. Hi Katherinellen

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
    Looks like it was a great day to be outside... and a nice visit with friends...and you have such a peaceful view...

    I need to clip back my roses soon. I can't wait to see yours in a few months!

    Thanks for sharing your photos. Have a great day!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather is crazy just like ours! LOL!

    Love the photos and what a ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very nice of you to visit the nursing home. Those ladies look very happy to have company.

    I loved sitting on the porch with you. I hope there are no chances of frost on your roses. I can't wait to see them this spring.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful day with us.
    Hugs, Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the trip, it looks like you made some very sweet ladies very happy! Tell that rose to duck and cover until it warms up for good! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say? This is one of the most encouraging posts that I have read.You have blessed me so much,what a wonderful ministry you and your friends have.
    Blessings,Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat, this is such a sweet post, and I love that you visit the elderly. They so love seeing a pretty young face! The Lord is very specific about not forgetting widows, so I'm sure he was smiling down on you.

    The weather is crazy here, too, and I'm ready for spring!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet of you to visit in the nursing home. After having a mother and grandmother there for an extended time, I know how much those visits mean to them. Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless you for your friendship with Ms. Tessie and the others. The photos were delightful. You are making a difference in the world of these women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet ministry. I enjoyed seeing all these photos of these dear older women and it was nice to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a very thoughtful thing to do. I bet Ms. Tressie was very grateful for your visit. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post...and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww....just love the shots with all those lovely persons...

    good heart you have !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely day you shared with everyone. Conner too enjoys those visits, the patients love him. We haven't been since mom passed last April. I'm thinking we should out and visit again this Spring. Thanks and may God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, I loved your post! You are such a kind and caring person. You bring sunshine with you where ever you go. Blessings to you♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kathrinellen, your post is so wonderful today. You can't possibly bore me with a beautiful day like this. Your visit to the nursing home is so special lives and that is a blessing.

    I would love to sit on your porch and look at the beautiful view of the trees and and the water. It is so calming and lovely.

    Thank you for sharing your lovely day.

    Love...jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat, I am back. I don't know how it went away but I meant to say...Your visit to the nursing home made such a difference in the lives of those ladies and that is a blessing. silly me!

    Love ya...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how I wished I could've went with you and Dee. Ms Tressie looks great, isn't she so beautiful. Have missed running around with you, Love you my dear friend, Hugs, Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful sky photo !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!