Friday, January 16, 2009

"Hopeful Friday"

Cielo @ The House In The Roses hosted "Hopeful Friday". She hosted this event every Friday to share inspirational post. Take a visit to Cielo @ The House In The Roses . Thank you for stopping by.....

I am sharing this story and poem about Unfolding Rose.
He has a beatuiful plan for our life like the beautiful rose He created.......


Unfolding Rose



A young, new preacher was walking with an older, more seasoned preacher in the garden one day and feeling a bit insecure about what God had for him to do, he was inquiring of the older preacher. The older preacher walked up to a rosebush and handed the young preacher a rosebud and told him to open it without tearing off any petals.The young preacher looked in disbelief at the older preacher and was trying to figure out what a rosebud could possibly have to do with his wanting to know the WILL OF GOD for his life and for his ministry. Because of his high respect for the older preacher, he proceeded to TRY to unfold the rose, while keeping every petal intact...It wasn't long before he realized how impossible it was to do so.Noticing the younger preacher's inability to unfold the rosebud while keeping it intact, the older preacher began to recite the following poem...

(photo: My Red Rose...Summer 2008)

It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God's design,
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.-

The secret of unfolding flowersIs not known to such as I,
The flower God opens so sweetly,
my hands would fade and die.-

I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
Then how can I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?-

I'll trust Him for His leading
Each moment of every day
And I'll look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.-

For the pathway that lies before me
My heavenly Father knows
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.~Anonymous.


Thank you all for stopping by.....sending you my prayers to you all that the Lord will be with you always.
I have a unspoken prayer request today at 11:00 (appt.). I will visit you all when I get back from out of town. Bless you all!
~Katherinellen~

6 comments:

  1. Very inspiring!
    Thank you Katherine!
    God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY dear Katherinellen,
    What a beautiful poem and so very true.

    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you and your family on this beautiful hopeful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Kat! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I just wanted to tell you what a blessing your profile "About me" was. What an inspiring story of God's goodness and blessings.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so lucky to have a Christian husband who works on my endless projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!