Saturday, September 13, 2008

IT'S "PINK SATURDAY"......A TREASUER FROM MY MAMAW

Thanks to Beverly hosting the "Pink Saturday" It's been so fun to meet other "Pinky" ladies. Go on to my side bar and click on the button of "Pink Saturday". Look at all the other post....to see more "Pinky". This is my treasure I have of my mamaw. She's been gone with the Lord...15 years ago. This china was pass down to me...and one day I will past it down to my daughter. I was so close to my mamaw...she was my role model. She loves to decorated, sew, and cook. I missed her so much...I love you,Mamaw....will see you in heaven one day!
This fine china is called "Royal Swirl". I have been looking for desert and soup bowl...salad plate to complete 16 sets. About 10 years ago, I went to the antique store...and saw the gravy bowl...for $25. I'm bad not getting it right away...I have to think about... Then I go back to get it....It was gone. I was mad at myself. I will not do that again. But I have been looking for the rest of the china sets....If you have any ideas how I can find it or if you know anyone that have this china. Please let me know......Love to hear your comments...and I will come visit to all of you"Pinky" to see your treasures. I want to apoligize to the "Pinky" that I haven't visit....It's been a busy week for me...went to dentist twice.doing my workout routine, lots of church outing. So I will try my best to visit you all.....I am gone out of town...I will be back tonight.....so give me time to comments you post. Thanks you all for stopping by last week...It's was fun and exciting to meet you all. You all have a "Happy Pink Saturday". Smiles and Hugs ~Katherinellen~

20 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    How special that you have your mawmaw's china! That makes it very dear to your heart, I know! I will be on the lookout now for that pattern! I hope you find all the pieces you desire!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely china...I just love family heirlooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO NICE OF YOU FOR SHARING WITH US YOUR PINK CHINA TABLE SET!
    I HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE SUCESSEFUL IN COMPLETING THE LOVELY SET!
    KISSES
    DEBBIE MOSS

    (FROM ENGLAND)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KatherineEllen...

    What pretty PINKness in that china.

    Have you checked on eBAY for additions to your set? Here is a LINK to just some of what I found (copy and paste it into your browser and it will take you right there): http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZroyalQ20swirlQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely china, good luck finding more pieces for your china.
    Have a Happy and Bless Pink Saturday!
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It touches my heart that you honor your Mamaw's memory. The dishes are indeed a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious to have your mamaw's dishes, they are so very pretty!

    Happy Pink Saturday, remember during your busy schedule to take some time for yourself, indulgent time I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That china is beautiful. You are lucky to have an heirloom from your Mawmaw! Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday, Katherinellen.

    I love your dishes, and I understand why they are so special to you.

    Got to replacements.com. You will find these dishes there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this china; you are lucky to have it.

    I checked with eBay. There is a gravy boat listed. Click here:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Swirl-Fine-China-of-Japan-Gravy-Boat_W0QQitemZ180288404624QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Katherinellan,
    I love your china that was handed down to you from your mamaw. It is very pretty, especially that PINK rose right in the center!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. how great to have dishes from your Mamaw. Hope you find the pieces you want to add to these. My daughter's name is Katherine Ellen....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely story and beautiful china. Have a lovely day.
    Patricia
    http://theunfinishedflower.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katherinellen, I am so late with my comments today. Your mamaw's china is beautiful. What a wonderful treasure from her, which gives you a happy memory. The single rose design is so elegant. Thank you for sharing your sweet memories of your mamaw. I know she must have been a very special woman.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enough unique and delicious pieces in pink. Colour is the first impact, and Pink always comes First since our birth.

    Have a Happy Pink Weekend.

    ~N

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and special dishes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful china, and precious memories.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kathy,

    Thanks for stopping by to visit! :)

    You asked about the shutters....Jason could probably make just about anything. I'm exactly for sure what you're talking about. If you're interested, email me at the email link on my profile describing the total width and height of the space that the hinged shutters would need to cover. Shipping can be a problem sometimes and not make it cost efficient on you because of the price of shipping...but we'll see what you're wanting and see from there!

    Thanks a bunch, Kathy! I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello my sweet friend I hope you are having a great week!!!Thank you for coming by and brightening my day:0) Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful dishes, I'm a thinker before a buyer, sometimes...it gets ya! Thanks for visiting me. C & G Design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!