Friday, August 29, 2008

AWARD~~~ THE 3RD ANNIVERSARY OF KATRINA....AND PREPARING FOR ANOTHER STORM

WOW!! I just recieved " A Smile Award" from a sweet friend....I am honor to recieved this award from Kim at http://wespeakofhim.blogspot.com/ Kim is a cancer survivor....and she loves life. She deserved to have "A Smile Award".....Congratulation Kim! She has a wonderful christian family. I love to visit her blog because she share all about his words "Jesus".....who loves us and die for us so we can have everlasting life. She always has a uplifting and encouragement posts....I enjoyed reading her blog everyday. Thank you Kim for sharing a wonderful thoughts and words about Jesus....."We Speak Of Him" Go on over to visit her blog....and you will recieve a SMILE after you read her blog. Thank ;you...Kim


THE SMILE AWARD's rules are:
1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (it's right on the award)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver. (s)
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from other.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
5 people that make me smile, that's hard because I have a lot of blog friends that have some great sites, but here are just 5:



Cindee at http://cindeesgardenblogspot.com/ Cindee has an intersting blog.....beautiful garden that will make you smile. She always give me a sweet comment that make me smile....she deserve "A Smile Award". Go on over to visit her blog to see her beautiful garden. Thank you Cindee!



Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ Beverly blog will make you smile.....She hosted the "Pink Saturday" It's has become sucessful.....each blog that share their "Pink Saturday' will make you smile. She knows what brings a happiness to the blogland. I love it! She alway leave me a sweet comment and make me smile....She deserve "A Smile Award" Thank you Beverly!


Tammy at http://countrygirlathome.blogspot.com/ Tammy always leave me a uplifting comments. She make me smile.....She deserve "A Smile Award" She has a wonderful husband and two wonderful children she loves so much. She share about happiness through her childhood and had a wonderful parents. Her blog make me smile.....she had so much love and caring about her family and friends. Thank you Tammy!



Kindra at http://3guysagirlandaprimplace.blogspot.com/ Kindra deserved "A Smile Award" She loves her children and her husband. She also love her family and friends. She is such a giving and lovely young lady. I love to visit her blog....she has a beautiful pics of her family....she bring happiness and smile through her blog. I enjoyed reading her blog...Thank you Kindra!



Brandie at http://branderella.blogspot.com/ Brandie is such a wonderful young lady. Her blog always make me smile. She share about her crafts and her family she loves. She always leave a sweet comments.....and make me smile. She deserve "A Smile Award" Thank you Brandie!



To all the blog friends....you all make me SMILE.....I only could pick 5.....blog friends. Everyone on my blog list deserve "A Smile Award"...


The 3rd Anniversary of Katrina today.......and preparing for another major storm!!


Today we are preparing for another storm on the Anniversary of Katrina. It's been 3 years ago....that we will never forget. Memories will always be with us. Mississippi and Louisianna is getting nervous about the storm of Gustav. I know each one of you have heard many stories about Katrina....that it will always will be remembered. I don't have pictures....of the Katrina storm....I did not have a camera that work at the time. My families has pictures but I didn't think about getting it and post it....I have mention about our experience during Katrina.....My daughter was planning the most important day of her life....Her Wedding Day on Sept. 24th. Three weeks later aftier the storm "Katrina"...We went on with the wedding. It's was Beautiful! You can view the wedding pics and story on my older posts. We did not have electricity for 15 days.....It was HOT! No communication.....Cell phone did not work..Cell phone tower was knock down..It's was like a "War Zone" here.....We had 26 tornadoes touch down in our county......The wind gust up 100 mph winds and plus. Lots of rain.....Trees and power line down....It's was devastating! As you go more down South to Mississippi Gulfcoast and New Orlean.....It was just devastating! I had relatives here from Mississippi Gulfcoast.....they were blessed that they just had damages and their house was still there....There were many many people that came to their place and their home was gone...... Go on over to Diane at A picture is worth a 1,000 words http://diane1876.blogspot.com/She posts "Show and Tell" Friday of 3rd Anniversary story of Hurricane Katrina. Diane live close by me....about 1 hrs North of my town. She has lots of pictures.....Keep us in your prayers.....I don't know if Mississippi Gulfcoast and New Orleans can go through this again.....( I don't know if I can) From Texas to Florida....keep us in prayers. Tropical Gustav will become a Category 3 Hurricane. And we are watching Tropical Hanna too! You all have a wonderful weekends... :) Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    Thank you SO much for the smile award! That was so nice of you! I enjoy visiting your blog too! You have a kind and sincere heart!

    I am praying for all the folks in the vacinity of these tropical storms and praying for safety over them and their homes.

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    Good job on the center piece for the party, great idea.
    Is this new storm that is coming going to affect you?
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I'll be keeping you, your family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. Bad weather is just no fun. We have to do with tornadoes up here. :( Keep safe and keep us posted.

    And thank you so much for giving me the smile award. Blogging friends are just the best and I include you on my special list. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care during the next few days! I will keep all my southern blogger friends in my thoughts!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I love using your full name too, it is so pretty. This note is to tell you how much I appreciate your many comments and support during this surgery. It was a wonderful reminder of how many blogging friendships that have developed just since April. 08. I just dozed off.LOL I get tired so easy. It is late though. Blessings to you Kathy...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, thank you so much for thinking of me, and for sharing this award.

    I'm glad people like Pink Saturday. It makes me smile, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!