Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I have been busy today...and will be tomorrow. I been helping my daughter clean her trailer and packing. Someone is going to come see it(it's for sale). They have bought their first home. We are getting ready for them to move to their new home. They have been married almost 3 years this coming Sept. They got married 3 weeks after the Hurricane Katrina hit. We thought we was gonna have to postpone the wedding but we went on with it....During the weekend of her wedding,we had Hurricane Rita weather came through that hit Texas. We are about 2 hrs from the gulfcoast and 3 hrs from New Orleans. Everything was wipe out....no electicity. Many homes & businesses was gone or damaged. Before the wedding we didn't have electricity for 15 days....OH!! It's was HOT!! No communication whatsoever(phone) We had the battery tv and radio....that how we knew where the ICE, WATER and food would be furnished. ICE and WATER was like GOLD! Get in the line for hours and hours to get gas. I wash clothes by hand...like the old days...didn't like that...lol. We grill out to cook just about everyday or we eat sandwiches. Took COLD showers many time a day to cool off. But with the Lord help....we made it! It was tough! You all have a Bless weekends.

2 comments:

  1. kATHY,
    Thankyou so much for your kind comments while stoping by my site. Love to see new names.
    Lucky you, getting to VISIT sugarplum. She is a lovely lady.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy Jo,
    Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind words....I love your blog. Yes, Rose(Sugarplum Cottage) is so SPECIAL to me. Maybe one day when you come down South...stop by and see us. Thanks again...May the Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time of visiting with a happy heart. I will be happy to hear from you and I will visit you soon. You all have a blessful day! Katherinellen

My FaVoRiTes SoNgS


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thanks Debbie!

Thanks Kim!

Thanks Sheila & Susan!

Thanks Jeanne!

Thanks Wendy!

Thanks Carol!

Thanks Jan!

ThAnKs WeNdY & KiM!

ThanksCielo!